Using my technical and leadership experience to build more inclusive systems, products, and cultures.
Lead Full-Stack Engineer | June 2019—Present
- Launch and maintain a full-stack web application for Rental Loan product with React, Typescript, and Node.js.
- Deploy critical production infrastructure in AWS with Cloudformation.
- Manage a Snowflake data warehouse and several data ETL pipelines that ingest data from various external systems using AWS Lambda, Typescript, and Python.
- Diagram and document foundational technical architecture decisions.
- Lead a platform team focused on delivering value through our core data pipelines and common system infrastructure.
- Advocate for my team members’ needs to ensure they are included in the team and can work comfortably and productively.
- Meet and coordinate with product leadership to build a sustainable roadmap and ensure we are building the right technical solutions.
- Mentor team members through one-on-ones, pair programming, goal-setting and coaching. I meet with my teammates regularly to make sure they have what they need to be happy and successful.
- Foster a culture of intentional, empathetic communication during the transition to remote work.
- Make space for everyone to contribute to meetings and discussions.
- Advocate for policies that help those who are most vulnerable - generous parental leave, inclusive interview practices, flexible hours and remote work, diverse hiring pipelines.
Upside Business Travel
Senior Full-Stack Engineer | January 2018—June 2019
- Consistently delivered features and products to production efficiently, on time, and with high quality.
- Implemented a modular architecture pattern in Node.js with Typescript, enabling thorough unit tests and increasing developer productivity.
- Architected the Android app in Kotlin with a Model-View-Presenter pattern, data mapping, and view models for reusable UI components.
- Led a project for a new booking platform in Node.js to support flexible, - scalable bookings.
- Coordinated effectively with Customer Experience, Quality Engineering, and Product teams to design, plan, test, and launch new booking platform on schedule and without major issues.
- Project lead for automated UI testing in Android and iOS. Mentored, trained, and supervised two members of Quality Engineering team who implemented automated tests.
- Fostered learning and growth culture by leading lightning talks, lunch and learns, new hire onboarding presentations, formal mentorship programs, code reviews, one-on-ones, and whiteboard architecture meetings.
- Active participant in Diversity and Culture internal teams initiatives.
Senior Software Engineer | June 2016—January 2018
- Built offline-first persistence layer in Android using Room, RxJava, and Retrofit.
- Co-led and implemented a project for a navigation overhaul in the flagship iOS application.
- Completed a selective 12-week leadership development program.
- Active member of LGBTQ+ Employee Resource Group (ERG)
Software Developer/Product Owner | July 2015—June 2016
Software Engineer | September 2014—July 2015
Software Test Engineer | February 2013—September 2014
Software Engineer I | June 2010—February 2013
Black Girls CODE
- Volunteer instructor for https://www.blackgirlscode.com/
- Teach iOS development courses to girls age 13-17.
- Build introductory and intermediate technical curricula for camps and workshops
- Mentor students and instill a growth mindset in order to foster a more inclusive tech industry.
November 2016—December 2018
- Worked as the sole iOS developer of a small team to build an app from scratch in three months of evening and weekend work.
- Implemented a news feed with support for images, videos, and polls and built real-time chat with Firebase Cloud Messaging.
- Grew app from initial launch to a peak of almost 10,000 monthly active users by traveling to conferences and working hands-on with attendees to gather feedback and improve brand recognition.
Education and Certifications
University of Maryland - Baltimore County: Bachelor of Science, Computer Science
AWS: Certified Solutions Architect Associate
SCRUMStudy: Scrum Fundamentals Certified
Meetups: DC Tech, React DC, Cocoaheads DC, DC Android
Conferences: Lesbians Who Tech, Juneteenth Conf, WWDC, iOSDevCampDC, KotlinConf, Android Summit